Friday, May 22, 2009

The Vegetable Experiment 2009







I have been working on my garden for the past several days, spreading one hundred pounds of organic humus/manure mixture into my clay soil and planting lots of seeds and plants. I have two long and narrow sections of garden that get the southern exposure, so I pack them full of herbs, vegetables, and flower seeds. This will only be my second year of vegetable gardening, and I've really grown from my usual flowers and perennials standbys. This year, I'm mixing the flowers right in with the vegetables. Here's a list of this year's plants and flowers:
Herbs:
Sage
Rosemary
Parsley
Oregano
Basil
Thyme
Chives
Dill
Vegetables by plant:
4 Varieties of peppers
4 Varieties of tomatoes
2 Cucumbers
2 zucchini, yellow and green
Vegetables by seed:
Peas
Beans
Boston Bibb Lettuce
Mesclun spring mix lettuce
Radish
Carrots
Spinach
Flowers by seed:
Cosmos
Zinnias
Hollyhocks
Mexican Sunflowers
Mammoth Sunflowers
Today's card was inspired by my garden...lots of tall trees, lush green hills, a picket fence, and sunflowers...just like home!
{recipe: Country Pleasures (SU), kiwi kiss and so saffron cardstock, Garden Party papers and velvet ribbon (Making Memories), word window punch, button, marker, Versafine onyx ink, prismacolor pencils, gamsol}



No comments:

Post a Comment