Thursday, May 21, 2009

When all else fails...



...try reading the directions. (bwa ha ha! I crack myself up!) This philosophy has always served my brother, George, well. It must serve me well, also. After my first post, I realized that something was just not right about my new cross-stitch project. I studied the photo of the finished project, and then read the directions..."Stitch two strands of floss over two threads." Oooohhhh! I was stitching two strands of floss over one thread, which would have made a teeny tiny project suitable for a pin, maybe?

Beth called and said "You big goofball!" Yeah, I know! We had a good laugh over my silliness. I had to go back to Always in Stitches (Noblesville, Indiana...a great little shop, by the way) and buy a new piece of linen. I quickly got the hang of it, as you can see from this photo.

My new favorite stitching spot is my front porch, where I can sit on my vintage metal rocker in the shade, look at all of the pretty flowers in the garden, and keep an eye on Sam as he plays with friends on our street. I know why Beth calls her blog "Cross Stitch in the Garden". It's just a lovely, peaceful thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment