Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Color Trends

Color trends are easy to spot. You can see them in the aisles of Target, in the packaging at the grocery store, in the linens department of a home store. But who, exactly, starts the trend?

In most cases, Pantone is the trend setter. They are the color people who look at consumer purchasing to determine what the next "it" colors should be for any given year.

In recent years, Stampin' Up has featured In Colors, six new colors that are heavily promoted in paper crafting. The new colors recently arrived on my doorstep, and I was very excited to see a new yellow, Crushed Curry, as part of the lineup. As you can see from the photo, this yellow tone is a big color this year! My sweater, my scarf, and my purse all matched this color to a T! And what's not to love about yellow? It evokes warmth, sunshine, good feelings, and contentment. It's no surprise that yellow is one of my favorite colors...it's in my wardrobe, my paint choices, my home furnishings...and today, it's in my card!

For this card, I paired two new colors...Crushed Curry and Soft Suede. I stamped the images onto watercolor paper, and heavily spritzed the paper to let the colors run a bit. Black-Eyed Susans are one of my favorite summer flowers!
I've also used a few new products that will appear in SU's new catalog...the Modern Label Punch, Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set, and the ribbon. The new punch makes a great mat layer for the word window punch, and the new word stamps fit them perfectly!

{recipe: Wildflowers (SU), Teeny Tiny Wishes (SU), Linen (SU), crushed curry and soft suede ink and cardstock, soft suede polkadot ribbon, word window punch, modern label punch, yellow twinkles from amuse}

1 comment:

  1. I love your purse! Where is it from?


    (Cute card, too, I love Crushed Curry!)

    ReplyDelete