Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Fun with Flowers

Last week, my sweet husband brought me five yellow Gerbera daisies. I love daisies...such a happy flower! I pulled out five vintage bud vases, put a flower in each, and lined them up on the windowsill over the kitchen sink. It's been such a cheerful display to look at when I was the dishes.

I like to have fun with flowers. Sometimes, I'll take a bunch of long-stemmed roses, chop off the stems to a short height, and pack them into a nice squat vase. It looks so much better than the classic tall vase/baby's breath combo.

Of course, my favorite way to display flowers? A Ball-type mason jar with raffia ribbon tied in a bow at the top. This week, my parsley plants went to flower. To help the plant grow bushier, I'm going to chop off the flower tops, put them in a jar with a ribbon, and make them the green centerpiece of the table!


I had a lot of fun with flowers on this card creation!

{recipe: stamps from The Saltbox Studio, alphabet stamps from Amuse art stamps, amuse notecards, Versafine onyx ink, pumpkin pie ink (SU), Primsa markers, Prima flower}

The flowers in my garden are getting a good drink today...looks like an all day rain. I think I'll play with some new stamps and papers in my craft studio!

No comments:

Post a Comment