Friday, June 26, 2009

Some Mornings


Some mornings you just know...it's going to be a two cup day! I've had quite a lot of those mornings recently. This week, the doctor confirmed my fear. My Lyme Disease is back...what he calls a re-activation. For some reason, it has come back exactly one year from my last bout. It was so debilitating last summer, and I'd really hoped for a cure. But my doctor feels that I may have a form of the disease that becomes an immune disorder. I am now on a one month course of antibiotic treatment, with the hopes that this aggressive treatment will put it back into remission.

Right now, I'm still feeling funky and waiting for the meds to take their full effect. My glands are swollen, my throat is scratchy, I have a spotty rash, frequent fevers, and overall achy-ness. To complicate matters, my family is leaving for vacation tomorrow! I'm planning on spending a lot of time resting with a good book or a stitching project while my family does some deep woods hiking.

I was playing with the Early Bird papers from Cosmo Cricket today, and was so excited to see that it matches two new SU colors...Crushed Curry and Bermuda Bay. The new Stampin' Up catalog will be online in just five days. Lots of new stamp sets...but today I used a retiring set, Frames with a Flourish.

{recipe: Frames with a Flourish (SU), sentiment from Stampendous, crushed curry and sage shadow cardstock, Bermuda Bay ink, Cosmo Cricket Early Bird papers, scallop edge punch, Latte Button, crushed curry polka ribbon}

1 comment:

  1. Love this card. So fresh and summery. (Think I'll go start the coffee pot and make a bit extra for iced coffee later today!) Sorry to hear about the Lyme. Hope you are feeling better soon.
    LorieR

    ReplyDelete