Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Coffee Surprise


Look what arrived in my mailbox yesterday! My sister, Tina, made me this beautiful coffee-themed quilted table runner. She said that when she found the fabric, she knew she had to make me something with it...isn't that sweet? She is so talented! Of course, it's much too beautiful to sit on my table...just the thought of kool-aid spills and ketchup mishaps makes me shudder! No, I'll be hanging this lovely creation on a wall for all to see.


Every square in the center of the quilted stars has a different coffee image. I loved this square with the coffee cups stacked together, and decided to use it as the inspiration for my thank-you card.


I decided to use the stamps from Gina K Designs called My Cuppa Joe, and I paired the images with my favorite Early Bird papers from Cosmo Cricket. I stamped the coffee cups directly onto patterned paper, cut them out, and stacked them on top of each other.

{recipe: My Cuppa Joe (Gina K Designs), Early Bird papers (Cosmo Cricket), Blue Bayou cardstock, Bazzil textured polka cardstock, Versafine onyx ink, scallop edge punch, scallop scissors, Blue Bayou stitched ribbon}

Thank you, Tina! I was feeling cruddy and low yesterday, and your gift really perked (pun intended) up my spirits!

1 comment:

  1. I adore this card! What a great use for the cups. What a lucky duck you are to receive such a thoughtful gift. TFS!

    ReplyDelete