Monday, July 20, 2009

Crayola 64


When I began stamping more than ten years ago, I used to become so frustrated when I would see a project and know that I couldn't make it because I did not have the right ink or cardstock colors. I think it was the major reason why I became a Stampin' Up demonstrator...I had to have those ink pads!


When I picked up my needle art hobby again last fall, I found that a lot had changed in the ten years since I'd been crafting. Sure, DMC floss was still used, but now there were so many other beautiful flosses to choose from. I began collecting a lot of Weeks Overdye flosses because they are so beautiful in their color variegations. I went to the website for Weeks Overdye and printed out copies of their color offerings. I tucked the sheets into my purse, and whenever I went to a new needle art shop, I would check my sheets to see what colors I had, what colors I didn't have, and what colors I really needed for patterns. As you can see, I've collected quite a few now from shops in Indiana, Michigan, even Wisconsin!

I guess there will always be a part of me that is that little girl at the beginning of the school year who has to have the brand new box of Crayola 64 crayons!





This is the latest project that I began this weekend. It is an autumnal pillow pattern from the Country Spirits Collection (Homespun Elegance) called Simply Autumn. It may seem too soon to be working on fall projects, but crafters always like to stay one season ahead.


This project has been such a fun change of pace for me. Recently, I've been working on linen, which can be very intricate work. But this pattern uses 10 count "Country Mocha" Vintage Tula from Norden crafts, and it is stitched using four plies of floss. It really gives it a more substantial, chunky primitive quality...just right for a pillow!




Thanks for stopping by the cafe today!

No comments:

Post a Comment