Sunday, July 5, 2009

Gina K



The highlight of my trip up north was definitely meeting Gina of Gina K Designs. What a sweetheart! Gina is just as nice in person as she is on Splitcoast Stampers. As a matter of fact, I had mentioned on Splitcoast that I planned on stopping in to her store. Gina told me she'd be open between 9am and Noon, so I made it a point to make Gina my last stop on our way out of Madison.

As I was shopping and we were talking, Gina confessed to me that she had not planned on opening the store that day. But she told her husband, Tom, "We have to open today. One of the gals from Splitcoast is stopping by!" Isn't that the sweetest thing? She opened the store just for me...I feel so special!

Gina's store has very limited hours, as 90 percent of her business is done online. Her store serves as the hub for all of their shipping. And from the amount that she's shipping every day, it sounds as if business is doing well. It's such a blessing to see nice, genuine people successful at what they love.

Gina introduced me to her line of deeply etched rubber stamps. I had never used cling-mounted stamps before, and she showed me how to trim them, mount them and store them. Gina is right...they feel very much like a wood-mounted rubber stamp when you stamp with them. Where as clear stamps have a definite learning curve when it comes to the pressure applied, the cling-mounted rubber stamps felt very comfortable and easy to use. And the benefit? You can store four stamp sets in the space that would be taken up by one wood-mounted stamp set in its case.

Tomorrow, I'll show you the stamps I purchased, and the awesome storage system, too. I've also made some cute cards with stamp sets from Gina's newest release. Stop back!

1 comment:

  1. Lucky you! Gina sounds sweet. Can't wait to see what you bought and what you created with your new goodies.

    ReplyDelete