Saturday, July 18, 2009

Herb Garden



My garden has been doing very well this season. In the last two weeks, we've been harvesting peas, green beans, cherry tomatoes, banana peppers, and cucumbers. The herbs have been growing beautifully. This week, I made a potato salad from a new recipe that used new potatoes, green beans, and red peppers, with fresh parsley and dill. It is so nice to go to the garden and pick what you need for dinner.

Today's card uses one of my favorite stamp sets from the new catalog, Herb Expressions. I did not own any herb stamps, and so felt compelled to order this one. I love the 6 X 6 paper packs that Stampin Up offers as a hostess special. I use those papers so often, and today was no exception...sometimes, a card just calls for a subtle tone on tone paper.

{recipe: Herb Expression (SU), certainly celery and almost amethyst cardstock and inks, almost amethyst paper, black ink, certainly celery ribbon and button}

1 comment:

  1. Love this card and how you used the stamp set. (If I could just get the lavender in my flower bed to grow this year!) The colors you chose are great together. I agree that the 6x6 hostess papers are great to work with. TFS!

    ReplyDelete