Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Red Rockers



I popped in to Always In Stitches last week and picked up the latest copy of the Country Register. I just love this newspaper! Not only does it advertise local shops in your region, but it also features recipes, patterns, and lots of pretty artwork. This month, the cover features vintage red metal rockers, just like the rockers on my front porch! I love the art of Shelly Reeves Smith...so pretty!




I was inspired to make a metal rocker card. I used the layout from last week's Splitcoast Stampers sketch challenge, and paired the image with my favorite Cosmo Cricket Early Bird papers. I added a flower ribbon slide from the Stylized Silver Hodgepodge Hardware. This week, SU is offering the Vanilla Hodgepodge hardware for more than $10 off. Hmmm, I may have to place an order before the week is over!

{recipe: Lockhart stamps, sage shadow cardstock, Cosmo Cricket Early Bird papers, red grosgrain ribbon, silver HPH, versafine onyx ink, prismacolor pencils w/ gamsol}

No comments:

Post a Comment