Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Sweet Sixteen



Yesterday was my middle son, John Ryan's sixteenth birthday. 16! Where does the time go? He's growing to be such a sweet young man...six feet tall, with a long and lanky body that reminds me of a young Clint Eastwood. I don't like to stand next to him in church when I'm wearing flats because he makes me feel so short!

{recipe: Teeny Tiny Wishes (SU), Antique Cracking (SU), Autumn Days (SU), Frames with a Flourish (SU), vanilla card stock, basic gray ink and card stock, crushed curry ink and card stock, modern label punch, word window punch, the tearing edge, stylized silver brads}

John is my woods-loving nature boy, so I made him this card and used his favorite birch trees as inspiration.

Here's a photo of a birch from one of our hikes on vacation last week:


And here's another awesome nature photo. John found this unusual fungus growing on a fallen tree trunk. The color was so vivid, and we loved the slimy slugs that covered it.


I know that I promised cards with the Gina K. line, and I will deliver on that promise soon. My energy levels are not where I wish they would be, and it seems that for every hour of action, I need an hour of rest just to recuperate. I hope to get more cards posted soon.

Blessings on your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment