Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Vintage Thank You



I'm working on some thank you notes for my son's graduation gifts. Yes, we're a bit behind on this job, and we're well past the six-week etiquette rule. But I figure that the "better-late-than-never" rule will supercede that.

Luke liked this card a lot, but when he opened it, he said "There's just one problem. There are no words on the inside."

"Yes, Luke. That will be your job. Putting words on the inside."

I got the idea for this card from some note cards I saw at a Barnes and Noble the other day. When I looked at the price on the box, I said "Sheesh! I can do that at home!"

I was very slow to warm up to the Rockabilly papers from SU. I think it was the skulls on some of the sheets of paper that dissuaded me from buying it. But I kinda liked the reverse sides, and of course, all the cherries. I picked it up when it was on sale, and I've found plenty of uses for it. This glossy striped black paper is very classic...much better than skulls!

{recipe: (All products from Stampin' Up) Puns From the Past, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Frames with A Flourish, kraft cardstock, Rockabilly DSP, black ink, curly label punch}

I am having a much-anticipated girls day today! My dear friend, Beth, is visiting her family in Ohio, so we're meeting at a small town that's halfway for both of us to do some shopping, eating, and talking. Of course, there will be coffee! It's been a year since we've been together, and we're both looking forward to it!

Hope your day is blessed!

1 comment:

  1. What a great thank you card! I had to laugh about your son's comment. Sounded like one my daughter would have made a few years back.

    ReplyDelete