Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Finished Pillow Project



I have a few stitching projects floating around the house that are completed, but still waiting to be finished off into something. Well, I pulled out my sewing machine and finished one of them yesterday. And guess what? As it turns out, I'm a stitcher, not a seamstress! This pillow will definitely not win any straight seam contests, but it served the purpose.

I love the colors of this pillow wrap! I'm very proud of this project, as this was the first time that I had designed my own cross-stitch pattern.

Tomorrow, I am heading out to Shipshewana, Indiana for some fun, fellowship, and bible study with my mom and sisters. If you've never been to Shipshewana, it is definitely a place you'll want to visit. The town is largely populated by the Amish, which means the cooking is fantastic! And the shopping, crafting, and antiquing is phenomenal, too. It's been more than six years since I've been there, and I'm hoping to find some great stamping and stitching shops.

Hope your weekend is filled with blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Your pillow wrap is gorgeous!!!

    Have a wonderful time tomorrow. I've heard great things about Shipshewana and sharing the experience with your mom and sisters would make it twice as nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger Award, Mary Rose.

    http://inkyhugz.blogspot.com/2009/09/my-first-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete