Friday, September 4, 2009

Hold The Tomato!



When I was a young girl, my mother gave me my own sewing basket. It had all the necessary items...scissors, needles, thread, and of course, pin cushion. I still have that sewing basket after all these years, and I use the pincushion often when working on projects.

Today's card is inspired by all things crafty. Here it is:



This card uses stamps from a very limited release of The Saltbox Studio. I think these stamps are too stinkin' cute, and I wish they would have gotten a broader release. If you think so, too, maybe you can drop a word to Linda at Amuse and see what she can do for you! ( sorry, Linda!) I used Honey Pie papers from Cosmo Cricket. I LOVE that paper company! Their papers just make me smile! I'm including a new link ( because I can...bwa ha ha ha ha !) to Cosmo Cricket so that you can see their new lines. Oh, that Earth Love paper will be mine, and The Boyfriend, too!


Here's a close-up of the image. Can you see the little pearls on top of the pins? I KNOW! I love them, too! But you haven't even seen the sentiment inside the card yet, so here it is:

A day stitched in prayer rarely unravels. How sweet is that? I'm sending this to a friend I've been praying for this week who is struggling with job related decisions.

{recipe: stamps from The Saltbox Studio (amuse), olive cardstock, Cosmo Cricket Honey Pie papers, versafine onyx ink, prismacolor pencils, gamsol, pearl stickers, scallop circle and edge punches}

Thanks for popping in to the cafe today! By the way, have you heard the news? Pumpkin Spice coffees are back at Starbucks! I think I'll grab my favorite coffee beanie from Old Maid New and head over there after I drop Sam off at school today.

Stop back tomorrow for a fun project that alters products you can buy from a big box store. I'm namin' names, folks, so that you can buy them, too!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Mary you are too funny! Love all your not-so-subtle humor! This card and your story brings back such great memories of the olden days when I was a young and learning to sew! My grandma was a totally awesome seamstress and one of my greatest creative inspirations! I really miss her! Thanks for brightening my day and making me laugh! ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, my mom had the same pincushion!! I love the card. I have loads of Saltbox Studio stamps and I didn't think there were going to be any more.. I know Amuse put them all on sale until they're gone. Was this an older release? How did I miss it!?!? Thanks for sharing . . . lmk if you find another one somewhere LOL!!

    ReplyDelete