Thursday, September 3, 2009

New Products, New Changes



The mail lady delivered some Amuse goodies yesterday! It was packaged so sweet and looked so cheerful, I just had to take a photograph...before Sam grabbed for the Amuse lollipop and took off! I have to tell you, the new Gingham papers are delightful, and the Notebook paper is going to be so fun!

My mom wanted a lot of the stamp sets from the Saltbox Studio line, so I placed the order for her. I couldn't believe how cute they looked when they were packaged...I had always received the prototypes without packaging! If you've loved the Saltbox Studio line as much as I have, then make sure you check out the sale section at the Amuse link before they're all gone!

Can you believe I've gone this long without the Coffee Break clear set from Amuse? Hell-o! I needed to add that set to my cafe, and I'm so glad I did. What fun!


I made this card for my son, Luke, who is off to college. My husband's work was going to take him to the Southern Indiana area today, so he's decided to pop over and see Luke. I had a big pile of stuff to send him...homemade cookies, nachos and salsa, a board game, a DVD player, golf balls, Febreeze, a printer ink cartridge, and lots of other odds and ends that he'd requested. He is running with the Cross Country team, and while he runs through town, he looks for spots for me to visit. He told me he's found a scrapbooking shop and a Christian coffee house. Isn't that sweet of him? I know he'll appreciate the card today.

{recipe: Coffee Break, orange polka notecards, scallop square punch, versafine sepia ink, Prisma markers, Makin Memories brad}

New Changes

As many of you may have heard, Stampin' Up has taken a hard line with their demonstrators that will require them to sign agreements that are, basically, noncompete clauses. Demonstrators can no longer be on design teams for other stamping-related companies. In addition, a demonstrator will no longer be able to have a personal blog that links to other companies or competing blogs. Demonstrators can use other non- SU products on their blogs, but they cannot tell who makes the items, where they were purchased, how much they cost, etc.

I have been a Stampin' Up demonstrator for seven years. I learned a lot from my time as a demonstrator. When I signed on, I told myself that the minute it was no longer fun, I would be outta here. Sadly, it is no longer fun. As of Sept. 30th, I will be ending my demonstratorship.

If you visit my blog frequently, then you know that I enjoy a wide variety of crafts from a wide variety of companies. I love to tell you who has the latest product or where to find a great bargain. That will not be compromised here.

SU's mission has been "to love what we do and share what we love, as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments...in this we make a difference." I will continue to do that, but not under the banner of Stampin' Up.

If there is one thing God has taught me in the last five years, it is this...change can be a good thing, and it can bring lots of blessings. Today, I feel truly blessed.

Thanks for visiting the cafe today! I pray that you are feelng blessed today, too!

4 comments:

  1. I am feeling blessed today. One reason is because I received your adorable card. Thank you so much Mary. You know me and Autumnal :) It's in a prominent place in my home. When someone comes into my house they can see it right away. I love you, Susie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your coffee break card and thanks so much for the enabling info on the Amuse stuff! I too am a demo who will be leaving SU. I have only been in a little less than three years, but it's been fun. Choices were made all around and change is in the air. I think it's kind of exciting! ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on this one... My deepest concern is the far-reaching span of inappropriate authority to my personal blog... I'm putting my foot down and won't accept it. It's what is wrong in this country today... not enough people standing up and taking their power back. Just think of exciting times ahead for all of us. Best, Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love your blog and respect your position. I have been a demo for almost 3 years and have to say, that even though I do not have a blog or website yet, I intend to later. I have taught handmade paper and bookmaking classes for years and do not intend to stop or alter the way I teach or products I advertise. Only difference might be, if I do not sign (still on the fence- and on it, on purpose) that I will quit advertising ANY SU product I might use in my classes- there are so many other companies out there who have pretty paper, thank heavens!

    ReplyDelete