Sunday, September 27, 2009

Shipshewana Inspired: Blogging

Two words you probably will not hear in the same sentence very often...Amish and blogging. It's true, the Amish area of Northern Indiana is not known for its techies. We happened upon a fall festival in Middlebury, Indiana, where I found a booth from a local crafter and blogger.



This crafter took vintage linens and turned them into really cute bags, with awesome details like rickrack and pom pom trims and funky buttons. She had a copy of the book "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey at her booth for sale. She told me she'd accidentally ordered two from the Internet, and decided to sell the second copy at a cheap price. Sold!



This book features lots of basics about blogging, as well as some helpful tips from seasoned bloggers. Most of the blogs featured were popular crafters, like The Farm Chicks, SouleMama, Betz White, and others. As I browsed through their entries, I noticed that a lot of crafty bloggers favor a vintage/collage-y type style. I decided to make a collage-type card, but done in the Mary Rose's Cafe style. Here it is:



Sorry about the faded colors...it's very overcast today! When it comes to collage style, more is more. So I added lots of details...stitching, tags, brads, sponging, all done in a funky prim sort of way. I cannot get enough of the images from The Saltbox Studio right now! I think their prim look just goes so well with fall crafting, don't you? I'm really kinda bummed that Beth's not offering more in this line at Amuse. ( But the good news is that you can get them on sale at the Amuse website now!)

{recipe: stamps from the Saltbox Studio, gingham paper from Amuse, kraft cardstock, tag punch, versafine sepia ink, prisma markers, folk star punch, stitching done on sewing machine}

While you're at the Amuse site, make sure you check out their selection of gingham papers...they are SO CUTE, and the black and orange look great on fall and Halloween projects!

2 comments:

  1. Your posts & crafts inspired by Shipshewana are so enjoyable. Thanks for sharing. My internet service has been messed up so I'm just getting caught up on blogs. Still no email. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your newest design...I was inspired by our "Shippy" weekend as well. Sisters + Shopping + Studying The Word = True renewal. Now that's what I call a retreat!

    ReplyDelete