Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Shipshewana Inspired


I had a wonderful time with Mom and sisters in Shipshewana, Indiana last weekend. Lots of great food, fun, and fellowship, along with a good dose of inspiration. You've heard it said that a day in the country is worth a year in the city. This week, I'll be featuring projects that were inspired by my weekend in the country...namely, northern Indiana country!

I took the photo of this bike outside of the Davis Mercantile building. It sits right outside Lolly's Fabric store, where I was able to pick up ten more colors of Weeks Dye Works flosses. (I'm kickin' myself for not buying some of the Weeks felted woolens when I had the chance!)



I came home yesterday and made this card. I knew I wanted lots of leaves and flowers to recall the amazing displays of autumn colors I saw everywhere.

{recipe: Life Cycles (SU), crushed curry and soft suede cardstock, soft suede ink and polka ribbon, Versafine ink, prisma markers, circle punch, silk flower, leaf paper from Karen Foster Designs}

Lately, I've found that I love using Soft Suede ink to sponge/age/distress my images. As the name implies, it is a softer brown...not too harsh and dark, but also not as yellow as some of the browns I've used in the past.

Stop back tomorrow for a nutty craft idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment