Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Thankfulness


I love autumn. There's something about this season that just fills my heart with thankfulness. Right now, my buckeye tree is dropping its leaves and buckeyes all over the yard (you can see it in the background of this photo). I've planted colorful mums in the garden, too. Just yesterday, Sam brought home a field trip form...we're going to a pumpkin patch next month! Apple cider, pumpkin pie, golden delicious, warm fritters...what's not to love about this season?

We're in the middle of a major storage space renovation in our basement. Ed is going to install shelving in our storage room so that we can get all of our boxes of stuff off the floor. Right now, all of our stuff is in the back half of the basement, and it is a mess. I was doing some sorting, and I came across this lovely piece of background paper. I knew I had to make a card with it today! I bought this many years ago when I visited the Longaberger Homestead in Ohio. I even have a few baskets with fabric liners that feature this pattern.

{recipe: Stamps from The Saltbox Studio, canvas background stamp, flannel plaid background stamp, true thyme ink and cardstock, really rust ink and cardstock, sahara sand cardstock, moss gingham ribbon, versafine ink, prisma markers and pencils}

I learned a coloring trick from Mary Engelbreit. (Fall issue of Where Women Create) She colors with markers, and then goes back and shades with colored pencil. I tried it here on the pumpkin, and I like the effect!

2 comments:

  1. but I thought I taught you that "trick" sitting at your kitchen table in St.Louis...I suppose my teaching skills have much to be desired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! I {love} autumn, too.

    ReplyDelete