Saturday, October 10, 2009

Coupon Book



I have a fun project to show you today. I made a coupon book this week using the "Preserving Memories" scrapbooking kit from Gooseberry Patch. I really needed a better way to organize my coupons, and this little book has worked out well. I'm going to give some step by step instructions and dimensions here so that you can make you own book, too.

The Cover:

For the cover, I used two sturdy pieces of 6 X 6 inch chipboard. I made a binding using a 2 1/2 " X 6 " piece of chipboard, scoring a half inch section in the middle to form the binding. I attached a piece of 5 3/4 " squared paper from Gosseberry Patch to the front a back on the covers. Then, I attached the covers to the binding. I embellished the cover using a wide oval punch of red cardstock, a scallop oval punch of the green gingham paper from Gooseberry Patch, and the red corner accents from the scrapping kit.

Inside:



For the interior, I used 8 1/2 X 11 inch Pure Luxury Ivory Cardstock(Gina K Designs) that I scored at 5 1/2"mark down the center, then turned and scored again at the 3" mark to form the pocket. I flipped the "pocket" up and secured the left and right side openings with tape (so that the coupons didn't go flying out!). I adhered some cute pieces of paper from the kit (that I'd cut to measure 2 3/4 X 5 1/4) onto the front of each pocket. I used my trusty Dymo label maker to label the coupon sections.

To fit the cover to the pockets, I used a hole punch to punch holes in the top and bottom on the center crease line, then punch holes in the top and bottom of the center binding of the cover. I threaded a length of ribbon through the holes from the center, and then tied the ribbon on the outside cover's binding. Done!

My book has six pocket pages. Here are the others:







And here's the back cover:


This cute little book could really be used for so many things other than a coupon organizer. It could become a scrapbook, using the pockets to hold papers, journalling tags, or memorabilia. Another idea? Make this coupon book as a holiday gift, and put a special "coupon" in each pocket...redeemable for a free haircut, lawn cutting, baby sitting service, or home-cooked meal. And wouldn't this be cute with Gooseberry Patch's new Sugar and Spice scrapbooking kit?

Blessings on your weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I love the coupon organizer. It would indeed make an excellent gift. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea! Such a great project, and such a lovely kit to do it with--you did a beautiful job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great project! Suddenly grocery shopping is a bit more cheerful. I love all the other ideas you have for similar books. TFS

    ReplyDelete