Friday, October 2, 2009

Easy Elegance



I've been working on my craft studio this week, making some changes to my storage systems. I decided to make some alterations because I found that I'm not a person that likes to have every tool and accessory on display. It just looks too messy for my tastes. I've found that if it's put away in a drawer that I can access, then that's fine by me. That meant that all of my ugly punches were relocated from their display place on the shelves to drawers near my craft desk. I'm also a gal that likes to surround herself with pretty things. The plastic boxes that I was using to store ribbons? Not pretty. I found some lovely home office accessories from Waverly this week at TJ Maxx, and I love them! I've always been crazy about toile, and this color palette fit so well with the existing pieces in my studio. The organizer above can hold a lot, and it keeps it neat and pretty.



This magazine file works well for any papers, spirals, catalogs, etc.



This large cloth hamper now houses a lot of my ribbons. I've decided to buy a roll or two of the coordinating Waverly wallpaper, and use it to cover my inspiration boards, some photo storage boxes, anything that needs a little "je ne sais quoi", as the French would say. Bonne idee, n'est-ce pas?



Today's card was made for the September Release Challenge for Gina K. Designs. The challenge? Make a no-layers card. I decided to go even further, making the color palette very subtle. I embossed the dandelions in Vanilla cream embossing powder on Gina K.s Pure Luxury Ivory heavyweight cardstock. The result? Easy elegance. C'est magnifique!

{recipe: Gina K. Designs stamp set, Pure Luxury Ivory cardstock, Versafine sepia ink, wide oval punch, ribbon, pearl}

Tomorrow is World Cardmaking Day! Stop by the cafe all day...I'll be posting frequently, and there may be some blog candy involved. Grab a cup of your favorite java, find a nice little cafe table by the window, and get ready for some fun!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! I have to remember to try this idea. I don't post comments(sorry about that) but I do read your blog daily. Your work is so nice. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your craft studio makeover is beautiful. I like your idea for buying the roll of wall paper so that you can cover containers to match.

    Your card IS elegant. Very classy!

    ReplyDelete