Thursday, October 22, 2009

For James


My nephew, James, is turning eleven next week. I know that we'll see him when we're in town this weekend, so I thought I'd make him a card and bring it with me.

James is a vintage car and truck lover. When he saw the Adam Sandler movie, "Bedtime Stories", he couldn't stop talking about how much he loved the truck from that movie. I confess, I love vintage trucks, too! Especially when they're a cool color, like this very retro sage green. When I found this stamp set at Gina K.'s shop this summer, I knew right away that I'd have to use this image for James' birthday this year!

{recipe: stamp from Gina K. Designs, Basic Grey Archaic papers, choc. chip and sage shadow cardstock, pewter brads, versafine sepia ink, prisma markers}

James is also getting his traditional Aunt Mary birthday gift...my secret fall candy mix. It's a very complicated recipe. Here it is:

One jar salted peanuts
One bag candy corn
One bag plain M and M's

Whew! That's a tough one, huh? But the kids love it! I found some really funky colored M and M's that are black, lime green, purple, and orange. It looks very Halloween-like when all mixed together.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Love that truck--I'm with James--the more vintage the car, the better!

    Thanks for the recipe! Easy is fabulous! My girls are having friends over next week and I'm gonna throw that one together for them--thanks!

    ReplyDelete