Wednesday, October 21, 2009

From Our Home to Yours


Yesterday's color challenge on Splitcoast Stampers was to use Bravo Burgundy, Cameo Coral, Vanilla, and Always Artichoke...now, I never would have added the cameo coral to this combo on my own, but I think it makes a nice addition. Once again, I added old stamps with new....from vintage 1998 Stampin Up to 2008 SU.

{recipe: Home and Heart, Harvest of Friendship, Filigree, Bella's Bloom, baroque burgundy cardstock, cameo coral cardstock and ink, always artichoke paper and ink, versafine ink, prisma markers and pencils, oval punches, gold stickles}


Speaking of home...I'll be going home to Michigan this weekend to attend a bridal shower. (Hmm, better make a card soon!) My sister, Jenny, has been busy crafting, and I can't wait to see her new hats and gloves in person. She's been making some wonderful items with recycled and felted wool sweaters. You can see them on her blog on the right (old maid new). Drop her a line for ordering info. She's been selling her items in a local shop, and they're very popular.

One of my favorite items are her coffee beanies. I love them! Whenever I head to a local coffee shop, I tell them to skip the coffee sleeve because I have my own. And when I pull out one of these darling creations, all the baristas gush over how cute they are! Not only is it stylish, but it also saves a disposable coffee sleeve from clogging up a landfill with more useless paper.

These coffee sleeves make a fun gift. As a matter of fact, I mailed off two this week. One went to Gina K. to thank her for opening her shop for me when I was in Madison this summer. What a sweetheart! The other is going to my dear friend, Beth, who I've enjoyed many a cup of coffee with in the past.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card, MaryRose! Funny, I just posted the same thoughts about the Cameo Coral in the color sketch on my blog this morning! I like the way it turned out, but I sure wouldn't have chosen it on my own!

    Great idea for the coffee sleeves--talented sister you have!

    ReplyDelete