Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Holidays?



Not your traditional Halloween card, right? Actually, I made this card for a Gina K. challenge...use pop dots or foam dimensionals on a card. Heck, that's a piece of cake for me! I LOVE those little foam pieces and use them all the time. I use them so often that I find the little white backing pieces all over my house and in some of the strangest places.

This card is more of a winter theme rather than Christmas. I used the mountain image from the Gina K stamp set "Happy Camper", stamping it twice and then cutting out just the evergreen trees to layer on top of the larger image. If you look closely, you'll see that I used my glue pen and some glitter on the trees, too. the sentiment is from Gina K's set "Many Wishes".

{recipe: Happy Camper (Gina K), Many Wishes (Gina K), soft suede cardstock and ink, Pure Luxury Ivory cardstock, Cosmo Cricket Wonderland papers, modern label punch, small oval punch, rhinestone twinkles (amuse), wide choc. satin ribbon }

I think my costume this year should be Florence Nightingale...I've been playing nurse to my sick son, and he's not getting better. I think we'll be back in the doctor's office this Monday. What do you think? Should we wear face masks when we go to the office? I'm serious! I've spent the entire day doing laundry (wahsing towels on hot water!) and cleaning the house. I'm wiping all of the door handles and light switches with Lysol wipes, and cleaning all the garbage cans with liquid Lysol solutions. sigh!

Today is All Hallow's Eve, and tomorrow is All Saint's Day. Happy Holy Days, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card! I like that you did not color the image on this card. It really shows off the beauty of the image. Hope your son feels better and you manage to keep the rest of your crew healthy.

    ReplyDelete