Wednesday, October 14, 2009

More Stuff to Crow About


I have a new love in my life. Crows. I know, weird, huh? I'm obsessed with them right now! There's just something so primitive about the bird...he shows up in all of the best autumnal settings, too. For example, big crow and his friends are now perched on this pillow, thanks to the pattern that I finally finished from Homespun Elegance.




And then I found this beauty at my favorite store in town. When Sam first saw him, he thought it was real! Those eyes are very lifelike. I love him. I could probably have a flock of crows just like this little guy all over my house! For now, he's perched on my mantel.



When my husband first saw that the bird landed in our house, he said "I see you found a Raven."
Oh! I hadn't thought of ravens, only crows. I think that Ed's mind went to the raven instead, in large part, because of a book that we both read and loved called "Jonathon Strange and Mr. Norrell" by Susanna Clarke. The raven figures prominently in this fantastical novel about England and the history of magic. (I wish someone would make this book into a movie. It would be awesome!)




Today, I made this card for the color challenge at Splitcoast Stampers. Looks like the crows aren't afraid after all! I used a LOT of stamps for this card from various SU sets dating from about 1999 to 2009, but overall, I think it came together quite nicely. New and old combined to make something fun!

{recipe: Great Groupings, Falling Leaves, Just Jeans, Stipple Plaid, Autumn Vine paper, choc. chip/apricot appeal, bermuda bay cardstock and inks, Versafine onyx ink, prisma markers and pencils, felt flower, brad}

2 comments:

  1. I love this card. The scarecrows are adorable. Your pillow is adorable (as well as all the crows)! You make me want to take up stitching. Oh no! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card and the fun fall colors! I just picked up this stamp set from a craft sale this summer and can't wait to play with this stamp. So far I've made a card with the snowman stamp!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete