Monday, October 26, 2009

Sending Tricks and Treats


I'm back! It was a fast weekend in Michigan, but it's always nice to see family, even if it's for a short period of time. My mom's house is always so warm and welcoming.



Her fall display of pumpkins looked so sweet. I thought that was a great use for a child's chair!


I needed a fast card for my son, Luke. I'll be sending a Halloween care package off to college tomorrow, and this card will be perfect. This image from the Gooseberry Patch stamp set "Halloween Goodies" makes me smile. It brought to mind all of the crazy snack projects we used to come up with when I was a preschool teacher. Spread white frosting on a Nutter Butter cookie and add two chocolate chip eyes for a "ghost". Take an apple wedge, stick it with three toothpicks covered in colored marshmallows and what do you have? The Pinta, the Nina, and the Santa Maria! And who could forget the potato/feather turkeys? A classic!

{recipe: stamps from Gooseberry Patch, purple/orange/green cardstock, versafine onyx ink, prisma markers, green brads, corner punch}

No comments:

Post a Comment