Friday, October 23, 2009

Showers

It's a gray day today, with showers forecasted for most of the weekend. What a perfect morning to make a card for a bridal shower!

For starters, I have to decide what stamp set to use.



Once I've picked images, then I move on to the world of pretty papers.




Ooh, so many to choose from!



And then there are the accessories. Twinkles or pearls? Ribbons or flowers?





And don't even get me started on all of the punches!



The entire process is about making choices. Pink ribbon or brown? (Brown) Twinkles or pearls? (Twinkles) Scallop punch or heart punch? (Scallop punch) Foam dimensionals or tape? (Tape) Hearts or flowers? (Flowers) After all of these hard choices, is it any wonder why I can't think of a thing to fix for dinner?


{recipe: Doodle This (SU), Teeny Tiny Wishes (SU), choc. chip ink and cardstock, Basic Grey Sugared papers, choc. satin ribbon, Martha Stewart lace punch, scallop oval punch, lg. oval punch, Prima flower, twinkles}

For some reason, I do my best card making in the morning, while I'm enjoying my first cup of coffee for the day. But here's the really odd thing...I do my best writing in the evening, after dinner dishes are cleaned and the rest of the house if busy watching television or doing homework. I guess these two artistic pursuits use different parts of the brain. Interesting.

So tell me, what time of the day is your creative time?

2 comments:

  1. That turned out GREAT! Beautiful card. BTW, I create in the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Loved seeing your process. Never thought of all the decisions we must make. Maybe that's why it takes so long to make a card! I usually stamp in the evening and on occasion into the wee hours of the morning.

    ReplyDelete