Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Visit From a Friend


This morning, I looked out at my bird feeders and couldn't believe who I saw...a hummingbird! I thought they'd left weeks ago, but apparently, they're still lingering before they fly to warmer climates. I've heard that the weather should be nice for the next few days, so I'm going to put some fresh food in my hummingbird feeder. ( Four cups boiling water to one cup sugar).

My card was inspired by my morning visitor. I made this for the skecth challenge at Splitcoast Stampers today.

{recipe: Friends 24-7 (SU), Teeny Tiny Wishes (SU), sage shadow cardstock, soft suede cardstock and ink, Outlaw papers (SU), kraft ribbon, small oval punch, pearls}

I may have another visitor very soon. My son, Luke, called from college last night to tell me he's sick with fever, cough, and all the usual symptoms. He told me he's on his way to a doctor today, and will call and let me know this afternoon if I need to drive down to pick him up and bring him home. Oh joy! It would really stink to be sick and far from home with no one to take care of you.

My sister, Tina, is sick with the flu, too. Yikes! It's a good thing I'm stocking up on Get Well cards this week!

Stay healthy, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment