Saturday, October 3, 2009

WCMD: Feeling Fallish



It was a wonderful autumn day today...chilly enough to pull out the sweaters and wool hats, but still sunny enough to enjoy some time outdoors. I was able to see my college son run in a cross country race this morning. I haven't seen Luke in a month, so it was especially nice to see him. He even came home with us so that we can spend a little more time together, and then go to church together before he heads back down to college tomorrow afternoon. Because of Luke's visit, I didn't get quite as many cards made as I'd hoped. So I'm going to continue WCMD festivities tomorrow!



I made this card for one of the WCMD challenges on Splitcoast Stampers. The challenge was to make a quote or sentiment the focal point of a card. I think this works pretty well. This Basic Grey paper always makes me happy. I think the punched leaves and fence add to the overall whimsical feeling.

{recipe: frame stamp from SU, sentiment from stash, kiwi kiss and choc. chip ink and cardstock, dusty durango cardstock, leaf punch, fence punch from Martha Stewart}

Luke is going to teach us all how to play the board game Apples to Apples now. Stop back tomorrow for some more blog fun!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you're getting to enjoy some time with Luke this weekend. I know you have to cherish those moments even more once they start leaving the nest.

    Your card is great. I love the sentiment and the paper is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete