Saturday, October 3, 2009

World Card Making Day



Happy World Card Making Day, everyone! Yes, it is a day for happy stampers everywhere to celebrate. What a holiday! The stockings are hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that St. Nicholas will soon be filling them with expensive stamps, papers, inks, and embellishments. It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Today's first card has a true holiday themed color palette. This was part of the color challenge for Gina K.s September release party. Make a card with red, gold, and green. And while my colors may have you humming "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas", you can see that the subject matter is definitely year round. Aah, coffee! This morning, I had to pop into Starbucks, and my local cafe was packed! I ordered a tall nonfat cinnamon dolce latte and an oatmeal with everything to go. It was seriously the best oatmeal I've ever had in my life. Darn it! How does Starbucks hook me in so easily?

I love this coffee cup stamp from Gina K because it is a wide open line art drawing that makes it super easy to do some paper piecing with. I decided to emboss the circle image with detail black embossing powder to make it really stand out.

{recipe: Gina K stamps, Pure Luxury ivory cardstock, Basic Grey Boxer papers, gold cardstock and ribbon, versafine ink, black embossing podwer, circle and scallop square punches}

This is just my first post today...stop back for some more WCMD inspirations!

No comments:

Post a Comment