Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Changing Landscape



It happens so quickly. One autumn afternoon, I was sitting on my deck, enjoying the golden colors of the fall leaves. They were so beautiful! And then, all it took was one windy, rainy day, and the landscape changed from this:



To this:


My husband enjoys the unimpeded view of the nature preserve at this time of year. He likes to spot the deer in the fields. But all of this openness makes me feel too exposed. I miss the cozy canopy of leaves.

One day soon, I will look out at this same view and see snow covered fields. I am thankful for every season, and will enjoy those winter landscapes, too.



I have something else to be thankful for...free rubber! In September, I had participated in Gina K's release party at Splitcoast Stampers and entered a few contests and challenges. Well, I forgot to check back until weeks later, and lo and behold, I'd won two free stamp sets! I picked the new Vintage Borders release from Nina Brackett and the Fruitful Harvest set from Asela Hopkins.

I think I'll spend this gray day cutting up some new rubber and having a little inky fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment