Monday, November 30, 2009

Christmas Blue

Yesterday was the first Sunday in Advent. It was such a nice surprise to walk into the sanctuary of our new church and see it decorated for the holiday. There were Christmas trees, wreaths, candles, banners, and an Advent wreath, all featuring lovely shades of blue. Blue is a traditional color for the Advent season, as it is the color of royalty. In this season, we anticipate the celebration of the birth of a king!



Last month, Ed painted our master bathroom, and I love the color! It is called Valley Mist (Behr paint from Home Depot), and it is such a soothing spa blue. You can see a little more of the wall color here:


My new wallpaper here at the cafe has this same shade of blue, and it makes me so happy! As a matter of fact, this new wallpaper from The Cutest Blog on the Block has inspired me so much that I used it as the springboard for today's card!



I made this card for today's Clean and Simple challenge at SCS to take an autumn card from our gallery and rework it. I chose to rework the Happy Anniversary card that I had featured at the beginning of the month. Same sketch template, but modified just a bit for the holidays!

{recipe: Friends 24-7 (SU), Peaceful Wishes (SU), Basic Grey Fruitcake paper, Gina K Pure Luxury ivory cardstock, Versafine onyx ink, riding hood red ink, always artichoke ink, corner punch, red stain ribbon, brad from Making Memories}

Thanks for visiting the cafe today! Grab a peppermint mocha before you leave and get yourself in the holiday spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment