Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Good Things


I love a good book. And when I purchase a new book, I like to hold it in my hands, feel the embossed cover, and flip through the pages lovingly, wondering what I will discover there. What can I say? I'm a very tactile person.

This week, my women's group is beginning a new bible study. We're exploring the book "Discerning the Voice of God" by Priscilla Shirer. If last week's meeting was any indication, then we're in for a wonderful ride together. I can't say enough good things about this group of women. Our little group is led by a wonderful Beth Moore type of lady from our church who is beautiful inside and out, and has withstood amazing heartaches with grace. A real rock. And our group is comprised of young and old and in between, so there's wonderful discussion. I'm so blessed! I look forward to my morning routine of coffee and the Word.



In the past few weeks, it seems I've added another routine to my day...participating in the card challenges at SCS. Honestly, I can't even make a card anymore without the fabulous creative types at SCS guidng me. This card is for the sketch challenge du jour.

{recipe: Vintage Borders (Gina K), riding hood red and kiwi kiss cardstock, versafine onyx ink, Basic Grey Fruitcake papers, prisma markers, spice glitter marker, red satin ribbon, oval and scallop oval punches}

My life seems to run so much smoother with daily routines. Too often, when I'm left to my own loosey goosey devices, then I feel as if I get nothing done. But I'm feeling much more productive these days, and that's a good thing.

Yesterday, I read this beautiful verse, and knew I had to share it with all of you.

"The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17

Just think...God delights over you! Today, He is rejoicing over you! You may not feel all that delightful about yourself, but God does...and is there a better thing than that?

Today, you are delightful...God says so, and so do I!

No comments:

Post a Comment