Saturday, November 14, 2009

Lovely November


It has been a lovely November here in the Midwest. Today is another exceptional day...blue skies and temperatures in the sixties. I've been sitting on my deck today, enjoying the warmth while it is still here. This is a shot of one of the linden trees that are in our backyard. The leaves are long gone, but the long pods are still clinging to the branches. When the wind blows, it rattles the linden pods and makes a sound similar to raindrops. So pretty and musical.


I can't remember a season where I had flowers blooming this late in Autumn. My mom and I discussed this the other day, and we came to the same conclusion. A lot of people stop watering their gardens too soon, but if you keep watering, even on cooler days, you can extend the blooming season. Right now, my petunias, geraniums, tuberous begonias, and lavendar are still in full bloom.


Yesterday, I began a new stitching project...something a little easier on these middle aged eyes! This pillow wrap is stitched on a ten count Tula, and it's been coming along so quickly! When finished, this little chick will be holding a purse, and the pillow will say "Chicks Rule". Making this one for my great niece, Madison, for the holidays.

Yesterday's newspaper had an article about holiday shoppers. Apparently, I'm not the only one who is making a lot of gifts this year. The article said that local bead, craft, and home improvement stores were seeing an increase in shoppers, thanks to folks like me who are taking a simpler approach to gift giving this season. How wonderful! I hope they're enjoying the creative process as much as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment