Monday, November 2, 2009

New Fashion Accessory!



I purchased a new fashion accessory yesterday. Isn't that just the cutest little purse you've ever seen? And it matches my outfit, too! Okay, confession time. That's not really a purse. It's the new Sizzix Texture Boutique embossing machine!




I saw this little beauty online and knew I had to have one! I am probably the last paper crafter on the planet who did not own some sort of die cut or embossing machine. When it came to machines, I'm as picky as Goldilocks. "That one's too huge! That one's too ugly! That one's too expensive!"

But when I saw this adorable purse-shaped machine, it fit all of my criteria! Just right!
1.) It's too stinkin' cute! I know, form should follow function, but for me, it's all about the pretty factor.
2.) It's small! I don't need a large piece of equipment taking up valuable real estate in my craft studio.
3.) It's cheap! Only 29.95! And with my Archiver's coupon, I was able to purchase it for $21.00!

At last, I can emboss to my heart's content! Here's my first creation with my new machine. I made this for the SCS CAS (that's Clean and Simple!) challenge. This was very simple...no stamping, just paper, ribbon, flower and button!


{recipe: Sizzix Winter 2 embossing folder, Early Bird paper kit (Cosmo Cricket), crushed curry card stock, felt flower, button, riding hood red satin ribbon}

This card is so bright and cheery, and I need some cheery today! We took our son, Luke, to the ER last night. After four days here at home, he was showing no signs of improvement, and I was worried about pneumonia. Well, one chest xray and examination later, and the diagnosis is...H1N1. Yes, swine flu. Yes, the same swine flu he tested negative for last week. The ER doc said it was probably a false negative result, and if there are any flu symptoms presenting, then it's automatically swine flu because that is the only flu in circulation right now.

Luckily, I've been taking the necessary precautions...he's been isolated to his room, he has not been sharing a bathroom with any other family members, and I'm a freak about the hand washing, sheet and towel washing, dish washing, and Lysol wiping. I'm just praying I can keep this contained, and that he can start feeling well enough to get back to college son.

Off to drink another cup of echinacea tea!

2 comments:

  1. Love your new "purse"!! So cute! Have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little jealous here....your "purse" is much cuter than my Cuttlebug. Cuteness counts, doesn't it? I wonder if the embossing folders work in the Cuttlebug. Hope Luke is feeling better and that the rest of the crew stays healthy. Sending prayers out.

    ReplyDelete