Thursday, November 12, 2009

Old Made New

When I was in Michigan last month, I had the chance to pop into the store where my sister, Jenny, is selling her line of Old Maid New items. Her displays looked so cute! Luckily, I had my camera in my purse, so I took a few photos.


Jenny makes a lot of items from repurposed wool sweaters. Here, you can see her hats and stadium mittens.


And who wouldn't want to wear a woolen headband with a woolen flower?

Jenny also sells soy candles that she has hand-poured into recycled tea tins!


Her line of repurposed clothing has been a big hit!


Today, I decided to make a card using the Old Maid New philosophy. I took bits and pieces from past card experiments that were laying around my craft desk, and put them together to create something new.


{recipe: Teeny Tiny Wishes (SU), Cosmo Cricket Early Bird paper, sage shadow/black/ ivory cardstock, versafine onyx ink, velvet flower from Maya Road, black button brad from Making Memories, amuse twinkles, amuse gingham paper, scallop edge punch, scallop scissors, black gingham ribbon, modern label and word window punches}

If you are in the area of Sylvania, Ohio, make sure you stop by the Harmony in Life shop tonight for their holiday open house. You can see Jenny's full line of Old Maid New items there! More details at the Old Maid new blog link on the right!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your continued support. How blessed I am to have a sister and friend wrapped up in such a pretty package. I see something woolen and flowery in your Christmas future. Love you. xo

    ReplyDelete