Friday, November 6, 2009

Signs of the Season


Have you noticed the signs of the season? Every day, my mailbox is clogged with catalogs!



Starbucks is now serving Peppermint Mochas and Gingerbread Lattes! Mmmm..lattes! (In my best Homer Simpson voice!)



The Holiday Method Hand Soaps are back! Holly Berry is classic, but the Cinnamon Bark and Peppermint Vanilla are also fantastic! I think I'm going to buy some of these scents in the soy candles, too!

Yep, all of these signs can only mean one thing. The Holidays are upon us! I'm trying to stay one step ahead this season. I've already begun the Santa shopping for my boys, the small gifts for the various relatives are waiting to be wrapped, and I'm still working on my handmade gifts. Here's one project that's nearly done:



This was a pattern designed by SamSarah Design Studio that was featured in the Just Cross Stitch Holiday ornaments magazine. I still need to add a few decorative buttons (2 cardinals and a heart), and then finish this into an ornament.

Right now, I have a project on my Q snap from Mosey 'n Me, and when I've made a bit more progress, I'll show it here. It's stitched on 30 count linen, and it feels like it's going so slowly! But I know it will be adorable when it's done.

I'm heading to Target this afternoon to finish off my shoebox items for Operation Christmas Child. It's not too late to participate! My church is collecting boxes this Sunday, and I know that the collection sites will need a lot of help. Visit www.samaritanspurse.org for more information!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment