Monday, November 23, 2009

Thankful for Music



I am so thankful for music. I love to sing, and I love to listen to music, too. Where would I be without music in my life? I can tell you that life would be a lot less joyful without it. When I think of all the car rides to Michigan and home, and to Michigan and home, and to Michigan and home (well, you get the idea), they would be unbearable without music.

In my Bible study this week, Priscilla Shirer had this to say about music:

"Meditation often leads to spontaneous worship. Many times I will use praise and worship music as the backdrop for my time with God. As the worship music speaks of His attributes, I ponder the lyrics and allow them to lead me into personal worship. During this time, God leads me and shows me how He wants to be worshiped and how I should spend my time with Him. As the music envelopes me, I am both overwhelmed and encouraged by an awareness of his presence."

Music gives my spirit wings.

And today, I made a card to illustrate this! I made this card for two challenges...the Splitcoast Stampers Clean and Simple challenge (to use sponging), and the Gina K. Blog Hop challenge. Gina K. is hosting a Holiday blog hop. Simply make a card or project using one of the new Holiday releases from Gina K., post it on your own blog, and then add the link to Gina K's blog so everyone can see and share in each other's creations. You can visit Gina's blog here:

www.ginakdesigns.com

Here's today's recipe:

{recipe: Vintage Borders (Gina K. Designs), Cosmo Cricket Wonderland paper, soft suede ink and cardstock, Versafine onyx ink, Sakura glue pen, glitter, making memories brad}

I'm so glad that my children have a love of music, too. My two oldest sons can play multiple instruments, they sing, and they love to listen to new music, too. Last night, John was up late downloading a new CD I bought this weekend onto his MP3 player just so he could listen to it on his way to school today.

Little Samuel loves to sing, and he loves to strum his guitar. For some reason, he's begun humming tunes everywhere he goes. I call it the soundtrack to his epic adventure of a life. But his humming was sending my husband crazy on this weekend's car trip! Ed finally asked him "Sam can you please stop humming!"

"No!" he said honestly. "I can't!"

I had to laugh! Sam is another music lover in the making.

Thanks for visiting the cafe today! Grab a cup of coffee, plug in a holiday CD, and get swept away in the music today.

10 comments:

  1. Very cool--LOVE those angel wings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! The musical wings are perfect! I also really appreciate your story - God bless you for sharing!
    ~ky

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous! I love how you made the wings, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wings are wonderful! Very creative card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I love the wings, so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is fabulous! Lovin' those wings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun design with the music border!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What an amazing card! It is gorgeous! I love the wings!

    ReplyDelete