Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thankful For The Word


Have you ever listened to a preacher on the radio or watched one on television? Some of them are just fabulous. Others, well, let's just say that you could watch their slick productions for hours, hear their funny stories, listen to their opinions, and never get a Word. It makes me want to shout "Will you just give me The Word!"

The Word.

It's what this world is hungry for.

Martin Luther's famous phrase "Sola Scriptura!", or "Word Alone!" became a battle cry for the reformation of the church. I believe that the church is not "reformed", per se, but reforming, constantly being shaped. And the tool that the church needs to accomplish that shaping, now more than ever, is The Word.

Second Timothy 4:3 says that we have itching ears that turn away from truth. We're bored! Entertain us! But it's not a good show that our soul hungers for...it's truth.

Today, I am thankful for The Word.

And I am thankful for my nephew and godson, Joey, who has immersed himself in the Word and is ready tomorrow to make a proclamation of his faith. What a beautiful thing to be a part of!

{recipe: Cheesecloth (SU), A Light Unto My Path (SU), bordering blue ink and cardstock, sahara sand ink, kraft cardstock, deckle scissors, linen thread}

No comments:

Post a Comment