Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Thinking Christmas

Hello Friends! Sorry that I haven't posted in the last two days. I've been busy thinking Christmas thoughts. For starters, I've been busy on my needleart project, and it's coming along quite nicely. Here is a close-up of the work in progress:


Speaking of needle arts, make sure you check out the link on the right for Threadworx and sign up for their newsletter. They have some lovely products, and I know their newsletter will feature free patterns and design inspiration in the future!

I've also been thinking of Christmas paper crafting projects. Today's card was made for the color challenge at SCS, and I used my new favorite stamp set from Gina K. Designs!


{recipe: Vintage Borders (Gina K. Designs), Holiday Treasures paper(SU), always artichoke ink and cardstock, real red ink and cardstock, chocolate chip ink and cardstock, felt snowflake, rhinestone brad}

I love this new stamp set! The musical score is lovely, and when it's paired with this verse from Isaiah 9:6, it makes me hum Handel's Messiah. "For unto us a child is bo-orn!" I've been listening to my Christmas CD's while I craft...it really inspires me!

Finally, I've been thinking about holiday shoppers. I decided that if I wanted some money to actually BE a holiday shopper, then it might be a good idea to get a holiday position. And I did! I was hired by a well known women's specialty retail shop, and I'm in training this week. Thus far, it's been a lot of fun, and it looks like a great atmosphere to work in. I'm thankful to have employment at a time when so many are without jobs.

So tell me, what holiday thoughts have you had this week? I'd love to hear where you are in your Christmas shopping list!

No comments:

Post a Comment