Saturday, December 5, 2009

All I Want For Christmas Is....


...my two front teeth! Sam woke up this morning and announced "Mom! My tooth is loose!" He was right...it was very wiggly! I told him that tooth would fall out very soon.

We debated the various ways that his older brothers lost their first tooth. Luke swallowed his when he was just a preschooler and didn't know about tooth fairies. John was afraid to pull his tooth, and managed to push it out with his tongue, where it proceeded to fall right into the toilet as he was going to the bathroom! I had to put on rubber gloves and retrieve (and wash!) the tooth for the tooth fairy! Such fun memories.

Sam is affectionately known as our warrior child. He crashes through life with sword raised for battle! I told him that he was a tough kid, and would probably yank that tooth out with no problem. Well, I left the room for a minute, and he said "Mom! My tooth came out!" Sure enough, he yanked that tooth out with no fear!

He was so proud! He looks just adorable today with his toothless grin! Right after this, he went to a birthday party for Jesus at our church, where he proudly showed his new gap toothed smile! He had a joyful day, and told me this was his best day ever!




I made this funky Christmas card for another Gina K sketch challenge. I kinda like it, but I think I'm going to have to re-glue those red dots to the ribbon. The cheap off brand glue dots I used are really wiggly.

{recipe: sentiment from Many Wishes (Gina K), Imaginesce paper,Versafine onyx ink, baja breeze and riding hood red cardstock, olive green ribbon, scallop edge punch, modern label punch, circle punch, Amuse twinkle stars}

Hope your day is joyful, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment