Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Crimson and Gold, Crimson and Gold...



Yes, I realize that those are not the colors mentioned in the beloved Burl Ives Christmas song. That would be silver and gold. But yesterday's color challenge was to use Crushed Curry, Real Red, and Sahara Sand in a creation. This card was super fast and easy!

{recipe: Stem Sayings (SU), folk heart punch, crushed curry polka ribbon, real red grosgrain ribbon, versafine onyx ink, Amuse twinkles, sahara sand/real red/crushed curry cardstock}



I liked the color combination so much that I repeated it for today's sketch challenge! This card was a little more complicated, but I love the sunshine effect!

{recipe: A Little Birdie Told Me (SU), real red/crushed curry/basic black cardstock, yellow gingham paper (amuse), red polka paper (cosmo cricket), modern label punch, Making Memories button brads, black gingham ribbon, Bazzill polka paper, versafine onyx ink, crushed curry ink}


I realized that this color combo also appears on the pillow that I made my mom for Christmas!


This project was a joy to stitch up! First of all, it's stitched on a 10 ct. Heatherfield (easy on the old eyes!). Second, it was stitched using DMC pearl cotton (size 5)...no need to separate flosses, and it rarely tangled. It was a fast and easy project from Pine Mountain Designs.

GOOD NEWS!

I have finally fixed the comment feature on my blog! You no longer have to jump through a thousand hoops just to leave a comment! Now, you can click, type, and submit! Super easy!

Hope your day is golden!

1 comment:

  1. I am hoping that this works! The pictures from the wedding were great- we really did have fun! I cannot believe that we did not get a 'Love Shack' picture for your blog! Love you- Tina

    ReplyDelete