Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Family


What a fun weekend! My sister, Tina, and my mom came in to town for a two day visit. Wow! We managed to fit a lot into two days! On Sunday, we visited a Longaberger Open House, then went to the town of Zionsville to shop. After that, we came home and my husband, Ed, made us a fabulous dinner of grilled portobello mushrooms, asparagus, and steak. Yum! Then we watched a Hallmark Christmas movie called "Mrs. Miracle" together...fun times!

Yesterday, we woke up early and headed out to Ginger's Cafe for breakfast with Sam tagging along for the pancakes. He says that Ginger's pancakes are second only to Grandma's.


Of course, if you're going to Ginger's, you have to stop next door at Always In Stitches. My sister, Tina, collects fabric the way I collect paper!


Here's Mom and Tina surrounded by oodles of pretty fabrics! Our time together was short, but still productive! We did a lot of shopping, had a lot of laughs, drank holiday coffees, and flipped through books and magazines for our next source of inspiration. My family believes in a good time!



I made this card for yesterday's Clean and Simple challenge to make a red and brown card. When I saw this challenge, I knew right away that I'd have to use my Cosmo Cricket Wonderland papers. This card is super clean and super simple...no stamping!

{recipe: Cosmo Cricket Wonderland papers, riding hood red cardstock, red felt snowflake, scallop edge punch, lace from Making memories, pearls}

Hmmm...red and brown makes me think of a nice coffee topped with peppermint sprinkles. Anyone else jiving for a Peppermint Mocha Latte now?

Thanks for stopping by the cafe today!

1 comment:

  1. Yes! As a matter of fact I saw a commercial today for a peppermint mocha. I made myself a mocha with a cloud this morning. You steam your milk, add your shot, add Nesquick then stir. Froth a little more milk to add on top for your "cloud". YUM and pretty too! If only I had some peppermint.

    ReplyDelete