Monday, December 14, 2009

The First Noel


Our church held the children's Christmas program yesterday. Honestly, this is always the highlight of my Christmas season! I love to hear the children recite the story of Jesus' birth, and sing the carols in their precious voices. It's priceless! And when the shepherds are surrounded by the winged angels in their fancy dresses, it has to be a camera worthy moment!



Sam the Shepherd had a lot of fun! He did complain a bit that his costume was itchy, and you can see him fussing with it in this photo:


But in the end, the children sang their songs and remembered all of their lines. I began teaching Sunday School this month. I have a class of second graders, and they are very sweet. I was so happy to be a small part of the program. I love teaching children about God's love, and what better message to share than the birth of a savior!


I made today's card in honor of my little shepherd boy! This card was for today's Clean and Simple challenge to make a card with curves. I thought the snowy hill was just the right accent. You know, no one does clean and simple cards as well as Amuse. Sometimes, I get in a groove where I'm making a bunch of fussy cards with layers and embellishments and lots of coloring. And then, I need to take a step back, wipe the slate clean, and go back to a simple look where the images can stand alone. These stamps are some of my favorites!

{recipe: Amuse Art Stamps, amuse polka paper, white/red/olive cardstock, olive stitched ribbon (Amuse), Stickles, oval punches}

Thanks for stopping by the cafe today! I think I'll pop over to one of my favorite cafes downtown for a Caramel Latte and a little holiday window shopping. Happy Monday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment