Monday, December 7, 2009

First Snow


We awoke to the first snowfall of the year this morning! There's something so magical about the first snow, isn't there? Maggie, my lab, and I went out in the darkness this morning to feed the birds, and when I turned on the back deck lights, we saw the blanket of new snow. I get just as excited as the children! I suppose I'll always be a northerner...I just love the change of seasons. A December snow is especially exciting, but it does lose its luster around March and April. For now, I'm enjoying the "most wonderful time of the year."

I made this card for the Gina K challenge...a snowy card. I decided to depict a winter night by embossing the image with black detail fine embossing powder on black cardstock, and then softening the edges with a snowy border of white craft ink.



I stamped the same image again on white cardstock using sage shadow ink and adding the "joy" in black. Inside the card, I think I'll add the verse from Matthew 2:10: "When they saw the star, they were overjoyed."

{recipe: Happy Camper (Gina K. Designs), Many Wishes (Gina K. Designs), sage shadow ink and cardstock, basic black cardstock, black detail embossing powder, Versafine onyx ink, white craft ink, black organdy ribbon, oval and scallop oval punches, Amuse star twinkle, silver star brad}

Happy snowy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! We received a dusting of snow today, too, and we never get snow here in CA. It was such a welcome surprise! :-)

    ReplyDelete