Friday, December 18, 2009

For Ed


Yesterday was my dear sweet husband's birthday. After work, I surprised Ed with a special Middle eastern dinner of gyro, hummus, baba ghannouj, grape leaves, falafel, fatoosh and pita...mmm! It was all so good! I found a middle eastern market/restaurant in the next town over, and took it all home as a carryout order. We've been looking for a good middle eastern restaurant since our move here to Indy, so I know Ed was surprised!

And here's the card I made for Ed's big day! I finally got a chance to use a stamp set I bought back in October at Papertrix in Nashville, Indiana. This typewriter alphabet set was only 2.95!




{recipe: Puns from the Past (SU), Typewriter ABC set (EK Sucess), basic gray cardstock, Pure Luxury ivory cardstock, Rockabilly paper, versafine onyx ink, metal edged tag, gray satin ribbon, circle punches}

The sentiment inside the card says "You're a classic!"

My husband is a classic! He's like a Humphrey Bogart or a Jimmy Stewart, one of the great character actors. Last weekend, we attended the work Christmas party, and so many people came up to me to tell me about my husband. "He's the funniest person I know!" "His wit and sarcasm always always crack us up!" "He's probably the most intelligent person I've ever met." Yep! I knew all of that, and more.

I'm a lucky gal! My guy is a real romantic, and he's a good father, too. He likes sports, but not so crazy about them that he turns me into a sports widow. He loves the outdoors, but he's beyond the point of making me sleep in tents on the hard ground (whew!). He's one of the hardest working people I know, but he also enjoys just resting with his family at home. Ed attends a small group Men's bible study with our pastor a couple of times each month, and the pastor recently commented on Ed's gifts of wisdom and discernment. It's such a comfort to have him leading our family.

I've spent more than half my life with this man, and I can't wait to see what the next half brings!

Happy Birthday, Ed!

1 comment:

  1. happy Birhday to your hubby, my hubbies was the 16th....we where headed out to eat this weekend. It is snowing here in VA, we are expecting as much as 20 inches or more, can you believe it? We will go out to eat next week. Your cards are super adorable, great job.....have a fabulous weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete