Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Snowy Suede


Yesterday's Color Challenge at SCS was to make a card using soft suede, basic black, and very vanilla. No problem, I thought! I LOVE soft suede, and use it all the time. And then I tried a few failed attempts at cards. Use an embossing folder? No. Try embossing a cardinal in silver? Yuck!

And then I remembered the little pot of Polar White Flower Soft that I'd purchased in Nashville, Indiana (Papertrix) in October. From there, I hatched an idea for a snowy card. I've always loved the look of craft white ink on kraft cardstock, so I thought "Why not on soft suede?" I like the effect here.

{recipe: Season of Friendship (SU), Best Yet (SU), soft suede ink and cardstock, basic black cardstock, Pure Luxury Ivory cardstock (Gina K), white craft ink pad, clear embossing powder, Versafine onyx ink, oval punch, amuse silver start twinkles, glitter and glue, Polar White Flower Soft}

I'm off to do some Christmas shopping for my boys this afternoon. Hope your day is very merry!

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet card...I love the way it turned out. You sure do step up to these challenges! We were blogging at the same time. We must be sisters.

    ReplyDelete