Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Winter Winds



Brrr! The winter winds have blown in to town, and the snows have started to fall. Time to make a snowman card!

I made this card for today's Sketch Challenge. In place of the Top Note die cut used in the original sketch, I used ovals that I had cut with my old trusty Coluzzle. I used a pair of scallop scissors from Fiskars to make the scallop edge around the red mat oval.

I made this for my niece, Madison, who is having a birthday next week. I'm not sure how the winter birthday people feel about snowy/Christmas-y looking cards, but she's eight, and I think she'll appreciate the sparkle and touches of pink girliness.

{recipe: Imaginesce papers and stickers, kiwi kiss/riding hood red/pink pirouette cardstock, red satin ribbon, Making Memories star brad, oval punch, word window punch, white Souffle pen}



I found this tin tower in my pantry the other day. This used to contain different cocoas from Starbucks ( a gift from one of my nephews last year). I decided to clean it out and use it to hold some of my winter accessories like brads and snowflakes. It makes a festive addition to my craft table, and it provides some handy storage, too! As a matter of fact, if I hadn't gathered my holiday supplies together today, I never would have remembered the green sparkly star brad that I used on today's card.

Cocoa...hmmm. That sounds like a good idea! Stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment