Saturday, January 30, 2010

Decisions, decisions...


Decisions are hard! My husband is on a crusade to paint every room in this house. We recently finished the master bedroom, and now Ed wants to move on to the great room. Today he's painting the ceiling, but he's given me and the boys the job of picking out the wall color. As you can see, we've been living with a very dark green on the walls for two years (the flash here is not doing the color justice!). Ed and I are suffering from Seasonal Affective Disorder, and this dark green is bringing us down!

We try to keep in mind that our floors are a light pine, so we need some contrast. We also have cherry cabinets and sage green laminate countertops to contend with.


So because of the light floor color, we're opting out of the lighter shades.


The warm tan seemed like too much of a contrast. These three all have a greenish undertone.


One green seemed a little too taste specific. So we're narrowing down to caraway, which is a green with some brown in it (left), and fossil butte, which is a brown with some green in it.



I'm kinda leaning to the Fossil Butte, just to give us something different than we've been living with now. The boys seem to like it because they keep calling it Fossil Butt. What could be funnier than having a fossil butt on your wall?

Of course, how does it look with the other colors downstairs?



In the kitchen?


With the fireplace?


And what if I'm sitting in the great room, looking into the foyer and dining room?


Okay, now my head hurts. Time to go make a card.



But what markers to color with? Aaack! I can't get away from it!



I made this baby card for my nephew, George, and his girlfriend, Nikki. Last week, they welcomed George Scott Thompson II into their family. We have a long history of Georges in our Scottish clan history. My grandfather was a George, my Dad was a George, my brother and nephew are Georges, and now my great nephew is added to the role call. I'm sure that there are a few Georges in heaven smiling down on this little boy!

{recipe: Wash Day wheel (SU), Teeny Tiny Wishes (SU), Earth Love paper (Cosmo Cricket), so saffron and sage shadow cardstock, small scallop scissors, circle punch, prisma markers}

Now I only have to decide what to do with the rest of my Saturday. I've decided! Go drink more coffee.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with the boys- I think that fossil butt looks good. Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, funny post! Choosing a wall color is a toughie. Not something I enjoy doing. Adorable baby card. I'd love to know how you shaded around the laundry. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your post, and that baby card is adorable! :-) Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete