Thursday, January 28, 2010

Feeling Preppy


Last week, my good friend Beth and I had a great laugh! Beth had been rummaging through some stuff and found her copy of "The Preppy Handbook". Oh my gosh! We laughed and laughed, reminiscing about pink and green Izod shirts, Swatch watches, and Sperry dock siders!

Truth be told, I was not much of a prep. All those multiple Swatch watches cost a lot of money, and I was buying my own things from my babysitting and McDonald's money when I was a teen. I was more of a Molly Ringwald in "Sixteen Candles". And just like Molly, I fell in love with the preppy guy who owned the pink and green Izod shirts. I guess that Hollywood, in this one circumstance, is right... opposites do attract!

I received my copy of the spring L.L. Bean catalog this week, and it was filled with so many preppy clothes and colors. I love them all! They even have a watch with swappable bands like the old Swatch watches! Too funny! I think that the rebel Molly is still a big part of my personality, but maybe I'll add a little prep to my life, too...just to make things interesting.



Today's card was inspired by the preppy outfit from the catalog that you can see on the model...pink and green with a splash of white!

{recipe: My Cuppa Joe (Gina K), Thanks a Million (Gina K), Basic Grey Nook and Pantry papers, wild wasabi cardstock, pretty in pink cardstock, melon mambo cardstock, scallop edge and circle punches, white souffle pen}

I wonder what Molly's character would be like today, twenty-five years later. I think she'd be a creative coffee-drinking crafter, a little bit funky and a whole lotta fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment