Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Frugal Flowers


Last November, our weather had been so mild here in Indiana that many of my flowers were still in bloom. I decided to relocate them down to my basement, where they could get some natural light and a little protection from the elements while weathering the winter indoors. Thus far, it has worked pretty well!

My geraniums look lovely, and they are all in bloom!




My petunias are another story. I don't think they're going to make it until spring. A lot of them look like this poor lifeless specimen:


My tuberous begonias are no loner blooming, but they are still alive. They were so lovely this year, and the flowers looked like roses. I think that everyone could now use a little fertilizer to give them aboost through the January doldrums.

If you've ever purchased a lot of annuals, you know how expensive they can be! I thought this would be a great way to save a little money on gardening and enjoy the blossoms year round.



I made this card for today's sketch challenge!

{recipe: Herb Eexpressions (SU), On the Porch (SU), Memories black ink, prisma markers, Pure Luxury white cardstock, kiwi kiss cardstock, riding hood red cardstock, Bella papers, red taffeta ribbon, felt flower and brad, corner punch, distressing tool}

I thought this sketch showed a great way to use up scraps of pretty papers. I still love those Bella papers from Stampin' Up!

If you are as hungry for flowers as I am this time of year, maybe you need to treat yourself with a fresh bouquet today!

No comments:

Post a Comment